Riverview Cottage is a self-contained cottage attached to the owner's home with magnificent views across the Ord River, to Loch Eishort and the Cuillin Hills. Fully refurbished in 2011 the cottage has everything you need in a home away from home, just 30 minutes drive from the Skye Bridge and 15 minutes to the CalMac ferry terminal at Armadale for the crossing to Mallaig on the mainland. Click on an image for a taste of Riverview then use the arrow to see the next photograph.
Below the photos we've shown some of the features of our accommodation and the facilities of the cottage.
Shown below is a brief taste of the accommodation and facilities at Riverview Cottage. We welcome well-behaved pets by prior arrangement but ask that you treat dogs with Frontline or similar treatment prior to your arrival as there are sheep roaming freely in the village.
- Lounge/dining room with French doors leading to the sun-terrace
- Views from the lounge across Loch Eishort to the Cuillin Hills and Small Isles
- Double Bedroom with ensuite bathroom
- Twin-bedded room
- Bathroom with shower unit and toilet/hand basin
- Fully fitted modern kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher
- Linen, towels, heating and hot water are all included in the tariff
- Full central heating and double glazing throughout the cottage
- Complimentary BT broadband for wi-fi enabled laptops
- Freesat TV and DVD player
- Micro hi-fi system
- Books, guides and maps to help you plan your holiday
- Barbecue for those warm sunny evenings in Skye!
- Parking adjacent to the cottage
We are always home to welcome you to Ord and happy to provide information and recommendations on things to see and do, and places to eat and drink. We recommend that guests stop at a supermarket on the way to Skye as our nearest Co-Op is 16 miles away! We look forward to welcoming you.